Harare International Airport
Harare International Airport is located 15kilometres south of Harare City, the capital of Zimbabwe. It is the main gateway into Zimbabwe and alternate entry point into Central and Southern Africa.
The runway is 4725 metres long and 46 metres wide and therefore can take B777/ B747 aircraft or equivalent. The terminal building can accommodate 500 departing and 500 arriving passengers per peak hour.
The airport provides the following facilities and services-
- 24hour operation;
- aircraft parking and aerodrome docking;
- aircraft, passenger and cargo handling services;
- fire and rescue services;
- shuttle buses;
- long term car park, short term car park,
- banking, post office, shops and restaurants.
- duty free shops
- smoking lounges
- medical services and pharmacies
- money changers( beureu de change)
- icdl training
There are plans to increase the number of aerobridges from the current 3 to 5.