The Directorate of Air Navigation and Technical Services (DANTS) is responsible for the provision of air navigation services in the Zimbabwean airspace that comply with National regulations and International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) standards and recommended practices (SARPS). The Division is composed of three departments namely Air Traffic Services, Technical Services and Aeronautical Information Management.
The Role of AIM is to ensure the timely flow of Aeronautical Information necessary for the Safety, Regularity and Efficiency of National/International Air Navigation. AIM collects, collates, assembles, edits, formats, originates, publishes and distributes Aeronautical Information/ Data necessary for Safety, Regularity and Efficiency of Air Navigation concerning the entire Zimbabwean Airspace.
Aeronautical data and aeronautical information is provided either as digital data sets or as a standardized presentation on paper or electronic media. Aeronautical information products include:
NOTAM (Notices to Airmen) – The International NOTAM Office (NOF) is responsible for the promulgation of NOTAM and facilitates the international exchange of NOTAM. Access to NOTAM can be given to interested parties upon filling the
- online flight planning
- Flight Planning – Provided online, by telephone or at the AIM aerodrome unit at airports manned by the CAAZ. online flight planning
Aeronautical Information products – AIM Headquarters is responsible for collection, collation, compilation, processing and dissemination of aeronautical data through regular updates to the:
- AIP and issuance of AIP Supplements (click here to view AIP and Supplements)
- Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC) (click here to view circulars) and
- Aeronautical Charting.
Other Associated Services:-
- The application for assignment of Radio Telephony call-signs
- The application of 3 letter designators
- The assignment of aerodrome location indicators to licensed and in some instances unlicensed airfields where air traffic volumes necessitate the use of location indicators.
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Aeronautical Information Management
Direct Line: (263 24) 585018
Phone: (263 24) 2585073-80
If errors or omissions are detected in AIP Zimbabwe, AIP SUP, AIC or Aeronautical charts please contact us.