POSITION E: PLUMBER
Reports to Amenities Officer
Location: Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
To provide effective and efficient plumbing services to all CAAZ airports premises.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carries out all plumbing works on CAAZ premises.
- Maintains plumbing system, Fire hydrants, sewerage systems, underground storm sanitary and water piping systems.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all plumbing systems.
- Performs corrective maintenance on plumbing systems and equipment.
- Repairs burst water pipes, drain clogs and flushing systems.
- Maintains documentation of work performed on proper work request forms.
- Install water meters, storage cistern, water pumps, water geyser and air condition plumbing works.
- Replaces defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes and opening clogged drains
- Installs water heaters and chilled water piping systems
- Ensures that plumbing appliances are in the right order and properly maintained and are in good working condition.
- Carries out the daily inspection of plumbing systems and appliances.
- Carries out daily inspections to ensure there are to leaks.
- Ensures that all the storerooms, equipment room, pump stations, sub stations are kept clean and tidy.
- Supervises the work done by Technical Assistants.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 ‘O’ level passes including English language, Mathematics and Science
- National Certificate in Plumbing
- Class 1 Journeyman certificate from the Manpower Development.
- At least five years post qualification experience
- Computer literacy
- Class 4 Driver’s license is an advantage
Interested candidates should submit applications and their Curriculum Vitae, including certified copies of educational and professional certificates to:-
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P Bag 7716
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.