Careers in this field include aerodrome engineering, aircraft engineering, personnel licensing, and flight operations.
The minimum requirements for typical occupations at entry level are indicated below:
- 5 Ordinary level passes, including Mathematics, Science and English.
- Aircraft Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent.
- Holder of an Aircraft Engineer's licence.
Flight Operations Inspector
- 5 Ordinary Level passes, including Science, Mathematics and English.
- Airline Transport Pilot`s Licence.
- Current Instrument rating.
- At least 2000 hours flying.
- Assistant Instructor`s rating.
- 5 Ordinary level passes, including English, Mathematics and Science.
- Completion of a PPL Theory/Licensing Course.
- Computer literate.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or
- ATC Licence or
- Aviation Security Diploma or
- Diploma in Fire Fighting
Ramp Safety Officer
- Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Certificate in Airside Safety